Today, Native American students make up 0.14% (49 students reported) of Mason’s total student population. The Native American and Indigenous Alliance (NAIA) and Indigenous Nations Alumni Group (INAG) serve as support systems to Native American students at Mason and promote the celebration and education of Native American culture on campus. For more information about NAIA, please check NAIA’s Facebook Page and NAIA’s Organization Page.
Recently, NAIA was interviewed for an article in the Fourth Estate, concerning the name of the Redskin’s football team. Click here to view this article.
12th Annual Veterans’ Powwow
Native American/Indigenous Heritage Month
In November, the Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Multicultural Education, NAIA and INAG collaborate to sponsor major events celebrating National American Indian Heritage Month. The Annual Veteran’s Day Powwow has become a tradition at Mason.
For more information regarding Native American/Indigenous Student Affairs, please contact the Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Multicultural Education at 703.993.2700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Native American Community Resources
These websites do not necessarily reflect the viewpoints of George Mason University and the Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Multicultural Education
- American Indian College Fund
- American Indian Cultural Support
- American Indian Graduate Center
- American Indian Heritage Foundation
- American Indian Higher Education Consortium
- American Indian Movement
- American Indian Ritual Object Repatriation Foundation
- American Indian Science & Engineering Society
- Black Native American Association
- Index of Native American Resources
- National Indian Education Association
- National Museum of the American Indian
- Native American Journalists Association
- Nihewan Foundation for Native American Education
- Tribal College Journal
Updated on Friday, April 8th, 2016